North Kazakhstan Region
From Kazakhstan Encyclopedia
Template:Infobox settlement North Kazakhstan Region (Template:Lang-kk) is a region of Kazakhstan, with a population of 665,800. Its capital is Petropavl, with a population of 193,300 people. The region borders Russia to the north, and also borders three other Kazakhstan regions: Akmola Region to the south, Pavlodar Region to the east and Kostanay Region to the west. The area of the region is Template:Convert, making it the fourth smallest of all the regions of Kazakhstan. The Ishim (Esil) River, a tributary of the Irtysh River, flows from Karagandy Region to Russia through North Kazakhstan Region.
The major ethnic groups are as follows:
|Russians||51.49%||Template:Decrease 49.79%||Template:Decrease 48.5%||Template:Decrease 48.25%|
|Kazakhs||22.59%||Template:Increase 29.57%||Template:Increase 32.3%||Template:Increase 35.89%|
|Ukrainians||7.73%||Template:Decrease 6.47%||Template:Decrease 6.3%||Template:Decrease 4.55%|
|Germans||9.51%||Template:Decrease 5.67%||Template:Decrease 3.9%||Template:Decrease 2.7%|
|Poles||2.51%||Template:Increase 2.58%||Template:Increase 2.7%||Template:Nochange 2.7%|
|Tatars||1.80%||Template:Decrease 1.54%||Template:Increase 2.2%||Template:Increase 2.3%|
|Belarusians||2.89%||Template:Decrease 2.46%||Template:Decrease 1.2%||Template:Nochange 1.2%|
|Other (Mostly Greeks, Mordvins, & Uzbeks)||2.18%||Template:Decrease 2.11%||Template:Increase 2.9%||Template:Decrease 2.11%|
|Sources: Russian Wikipedia|
The population — about 725 thousand inhabitants.
The national structure also considerably varies on areas and area cities. So, in Petropavlovsk Russian make — 71,12% of the population, in Ualihanovsky area Kazakhs — 86,04% of the population prevail. In more details about national structure of areas according to 2004 under the reference . The Polish diaspora largest in Kazakhstan (Poles in Kazakhstan See) lives In area.
Besides, North Kazakhstan region was unique area in Kazakhstan with natural decline in population, however since 2008 in area the natural increase of the population  is observed.
- Akkayin District, with the administrative center in the selo of Smirnovo;
- Akzhar District, the selo of Talshik;
- Aiyrtau District, the selo of Saumalkol;
- Esil District, the selo of Yavlenka;
- Gabit Musirepov District, the selo of Novoishimskoye;
- Kyzylzhar District, the selo of Beskol;
- Magzhan Zhumabaev District, the town of Bulayevo;
- Mamlyut District, the town of Mamlyutka;
- Shal akyn District, the town of Sergeyevka;
- Taiynsha District, the town of Taiynsha;
- Timiryazev District, the selo of Timiryazevo;
- Ualikhanov District, the selo of Kishkenekol;
- Zhambyl District, the selo of Presnovka.