From Kazakhstan Encyclopedia
Alatau or Ala-Too (Template:Lang-kz, Template:Lang-tr, Template:Lang-ky, Template:Lang-ru) is a generic name for a number of mountain ranges in Central Asia, characterized by interleaving areas of vegetation, scattered rocks and snows. The Alatau Mountains are located in the North East of Kazakhstan
- Kuznetsk Alatau Mountains in south-central Siberia, Russia
- Several ranges of the Tien Shan
The name Alatau has been given to:
- Alatau, Kazakhstan, a settlement in Kazakhstan.
- Ala-Too Square, the main square in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
- Alatau Sports Palace
- Alatau cattle, a breed of cattle from Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan
- Aladağ, Turkey, a name of an area at Taurus mountains, inhabited by Yörük Turcomans in Central Anatolia, Turkey.