From Kazakhstan Encyclopedia
According to the biography from their company website, Turan ensemble is a band composed of five members: Abzal Arykbaev, Maxat (Maksat) Medeubek, Bauirzhan Bekmukhanbetov, Serik Nurmoldaev, Erzhigit Aliyev. Abzal Arykbaev is good at throat singing.
The band usually play popular folk instruments such as dombra, zhetigen, kobyz, sybyzgy, sherter, shankobyz and some others. They usually wear ancient Kazakh costume when performance which strengthen the feeling of ancient Turkic. As artists-in-residence at the Museum of Kazakh Folk Musical Instruments, the Turan ensemble want to find new way remodeling folk music by using these ancient Kazakh musical instruments.
Under the auspices of the Kazakh Ministry of Culture, the Turan ensemble has toured Central Asia, Europe and the United States. The ensemble has participated in a number of international events, and has released recordings of their work:
- From 2008 to 2015, Turan ensemble attend a lot of music festivals, and made numerous successful performances all over the world.
- In August 2008, Turan became a member of the international festival "Young Euro Classic" in Berlin, and their performance in Germany received a good response
- In November 2009, the Turan ensemble made a very successful concert tour of the United States, performing in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Washington DC, Boston and New York.
- Spring 2010, the ensemble's first CD Turan was released.
- April 2010, Turan conduct a solo concert in Israel.
- August 2010, Ensemble became a member of the World Grand kurultay "Turan" in Hungary. Lots of world media reported their performance.
- In 2011, Turan ensemble performed in many countries representing Kazakhstan.
- Performance In Bundestkunsthalle (Berlin).
- Attend the opening of the first Kazakh cinema festival "Kazakhstan: a kaleidoscope of pictures" in Los Angeles, USA.
- performance in Hammer Museum, UCLA.
- Award winner at ethnic festival "Sharq Taronalari-2011" in Samarkand, Uzbekistan
- Solo concert in Barcelona, Spain, in Yekaterinburg, Russia, in Stuttgart, Frankfurt, Munich, Düsseldorf (Germany).
- Release the second album "El turan"
- October 2013, performed at the 8-day "IIC Experience" festival in New Delhi, India
- November 2013, Turan ensemble conduct "Величие кюя" concert-lecture in Museum of Kazakh folk musical instruments.
- November 2014, solo concert in an exhibition about Kazakhstan culture, at Place du Palais-Royal, Paris, France, for the opening of direct Paris to Almaty airline (.
- December 2014, made a solo concert called "Ер Тұран" for the independence of Kazakhstan.
- October 2015, Turan attended the World Music Shanghai in China and performed at several places in Beijing and Shanghai.
- Turan.Abzal Arykbaev.Shankubyz.Шанкубыз.口弦-斯尔那依.jpg
- Turan.Bauirzhan Bekmukhanbetov.dombra.домбра.冬不拉.jpg
- Turan.Erzhigit Aliyev.Jetigen-жетіген.节特根.jpg
- Turan.Maxat Medeubek.kobyz.Қобыз.库布孜.jpg
- Turan.Serik Nurmoldaev.tambour chaman.shaman drum.萨满鼓.jpg
- 01-Er Turan【Anshilik-Аңшылық】<Ер Тұран>
- 02-Er Turan【Elim ai-Елім ай】<Ер Тұран>
- 03-Er Turan【Er Turan-Ер Тұран】<Ер Тұран>
- 04-Er Turan【Inspiration-Вдохновение】<Ер Тұран>
- 05-Er Turan【Jarapаzаn-Жарапазан】
- 06-Er Turan【Kara jorga-Кара жорга】<Ер Тұран>
- 07-Er Turan【Kazajstan-Қазақстан】
- 08-Er Turan【Kazak land-Казак елi】<Тұран>
- 09-Er Turan【Koroglu-Короглы】<Ер Тұран>
- 10-Er Turan【Kossbassar】
- 11-Er Turan【Lullaby-Колыбельная】<Тұран>
- 12-Er Turan【Mothers Hand-Ана алақаны】<Тұран>
- 13-Er Turan【Mukkagali Tolgyi-Мұқағали толғауы】<Ер Тұран>
- 14-Er Turan【Orteke-Ортеке】<Ер Тұран>
- 15-Er Turan【Koroglu-Короглы】<Тұран>
- 16-Er Turan【Secret of feeling-Сезім сыры】<Тұран>
- 17-Er Turan【Shaman】
- 18-Er Turan【Swan-Аққу】<Ер Тұран>
- 19-Er Turan【Tolgau-Толгау】<Тұран>
- 20-Er Turan【Toy duman-Тоң думан】<Тұран>
- 21-Er Turan【Zharapazan】
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found