From Kazakhstan Encyclopedia
Definitely pent subject material, be thankful in support of picky facts . afddeedacakkcdeg Template:Infobox ice hockey player
Sergei Petrovich Mogilnikov (Template:Lang-ru, born September 28, 1958) is a former Soviet and Kazakhstani professional ice hockey player and currently an ice hockey coach. He is the former head coach of Gornyak Rudny, Barys Astana, Kazakhmys Satpaev and Kazzinc-Torpedo.
Sergei Mogilnikov played the most of his career years for Torpedo Ust-Kamenogorsk and stayed there until 1988. In 1988, he joined to Avtomobilist Karagandy. 1992, he signed a contract with Metallurg Magnitogorsk and played 4 years for them. He has competed at the IIHF World Championship Division II with Team Kazakhstan in 1993. He ended his professional career in 1995-96 season. In 1997, he started his coaching career as an assistant coach of Kazakhstan men's national ice hockey team. In 1998 Winter Olympics, he was an assistant of Boris Alexandrov at the Team Kazakhstan's coaching staff. They reached a quarter final, when they lost to Team Canada. In 2002, he promoted Kazakhstan U18 National Team to World Championships elite division.
- 1997–2001 Kazakhstan U20 National Team – assistant coach
- 2001–2002 Kazakhstan U18 National Team – head coach
- 2002–2003 Barys Astana – head coach
- 2003–2007 Gornyak Rudny – head coach
- 2007 Barys Astana – head coach
- 2008–2009 Kazakhmys Satpaev – head coach
- 2010–2012 Gornyak Rudny – head coach
- 2012 Kazzinc-Torpedo – head coach