Astana Presidential Sports Club
From Kazakhstan Encyclopedia
Template:Infobox sports club The Astana Presidential Sports Club (Template:Lang-kk; full: Professional Presidential Sports Club Astana: Template:Lang-kk) is a multi-sports club founded by Nursultan Nazarbayev in 2012 to develop the brand Astana and the capital of Kazakhstan, and to support sports teams and athletes that represent Kazakhstan in the international arena. The club is sponsored by national welfare fund Samruk-Kazyna. Bakhtiyar Artayev was appointed as a president of the club.
- Astana Arlans - an amateur boxing team, competes in the World Series of Boxing tournament. They are champion of 2012–13 WSB season.
- Astana Dakar Team - a rally raid team, competes in the Dakar Rally.
- Astana Pro Team - a professional road bicycle racing team, competes in the UCI World Tour.
- Astana Water Polo Club - a professional water polo team, competes in the National Water Polo Championship.
- Barys Astana - an ice hockey team, plays in the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL).
- FC Astana - a football team, plays in the Kazakhstan Premier League.
- BC Astana - a basketball team, plays in the VTB United League.
- Denis Ten - a figure skater. He is the 2014 Olympic bronze medalist, the 2013 World silver medalist and the 2011 Asian Winter Games champion.
- Gennady Golovkin - a professional boxer who is the current WBA and IBO Middleweight Champion. Joined to club on November 12, 2013.
- Ilya Ilyin - a weightlifter. Ilyin has won two Asian and Olympic championships and three world championships. He is currently the world and Olympic record holder in both the clean and jerk (233 kg) and the overall total (418 kg) in the 94 kg class. He is Kazakhstan's first two-time Olympic champion.
Template:Astana Presidential Sports Club
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found