From Kazakhstan Encyclopedia
Dmytro Salamatin (Template:Lang-ua) born on 26 April 1965, (Karaganda, Kazakh SSR) is the Ukrainian politician and statesman, the People's Deputy of Ukraine (in Verkhovna Rada), the First Deputy Head of the Parliamentary Committee for Science and Education and the Member of the Budget Committee (July 2006), the General Director of the State Company for export and import of military and special purpose products and services "Ukrspetsexport"; the General Director of the State Concern "Ukroboronprom" (2010–2012), the Minister of Defence of Ukraine ( from 8 February 2012 to 24 December 2012). and the Member of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine (from 17 February 2012 to 24 December 2012).
Born on 26 April 1965, (Karaganda, Kazakh SSR).
Mining Department of Karaganda Polytechnic Institute with a degree in "Technology and Complex Mechanization of Underground Mining of Mineral Resources" (1989). Retraining Courses of Moscow Mining Institute with a degree in "Engineer Economist" (1991).
- 1983—1985 – served military obligations.
- 1985 – miner at Kuzembaeva mine.
- 1989—1991 – mine foreman of mining sector at the same place.
- 1991—1993 – consultant of Joint Venture Company SITEK (Moscow).
- 1993—1994 – Commercial Director of "Russkoe Toplivo" CJSC (Moscow).
- 1995—1996 – Chief Expert of "ROL" CJSC (Moscow).
- 1996—1997 – Principal Adviser of Milder International Ltd. Company (Moscow).
- From 1998 – Presidential Adviser of the International Mining Congress for Interaction with Ukraine.
- From 1999 moved to Ukraine where he received the citizenship in 2004.
- He was twice elected as the People's Deputy of Ukraine of the Party of Regions (2006 -2011), he was the First Deputy Head of the Parliamentary Committee for Science and Education and the Member of the Budget Committee. Our Ukraine–People's Self-Defense Bloc People's Deputy of Ukraine Volodymyr Stretovych claimed in April 2012 that Salamatin had received Ukrainian citizenship in 2005 and thus was illegally elected into parliament in 2007. According to Central Election Commission of Ukraine member Mykhaylo Okhendovsky Salamatin was legally electable in 2007, because he had been living in Ukraine the prior 5 years.
- 2010 – General Director of the State Company for export and import of military and special purpose products and services.
- 2011 – General Director of the State Concern "Ukroboronprom”
- From 8 February 2012 to 24 December 2012 – the Minister of Defense of Ukraine in the government of Nikolai Azarov.
- He was appointed as the Adviser to the President of Ukraine on 25 December 2012.
Defence-Industrial Complex of Ukraine
In view of the Russian citizenship until 2004, his activity as the Head of the Defense-Industrial Complex of Ukraine and the Minister of Defense of Ukraine had been constantly exposed to the attacks of the political forces and business groups concerned, that discredited the ability of Ukraine to execute a number of contracts of national significance, such as military equipment supply for the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Iraq or the Royal Thai Army, to meet their objectives.
- For all that, the revenue from export of products of the Subsidiary Company "Ukrspetsexport" and its subsidiaries increased by 27% in 2011 and for the first time exceeded $1 bln,
- This result was achieved again in 2012 when he was the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine.
- During this time Ukraine has achieved strategic partnership with the Kingdom of Thailand. Lot of Ukrainian APC-ZE1 was supplied to this country. Bangkok also ordered the advanced "Oplot" tanks. Total amount of the contract was half a billion dollars.
He reformed the whole Defense-Industrial Complex of Ukraine in 2011 in the capacity of the Director of the Subsidiary Company "Ukroboronprom". Great portion of indebtedness of the Defense and Industrial Complex enterprises was written off, ensuring the development and proceeding to repayment of arrears in salaries. Exporters were combined into the state concern with the industrial enterprises for the first time, thus enabling to increase the production rate. In the result the number of aircraft of the Armed Forces of Ukraine was doubled as early as 2012. Almost all ships and vessels of the Maritime Forces of Ukraine were repaired; navigation and communication means, new parachute systems and many others were supplied to the troops.
Ministry of Defence of Ukraine
During the period of his activity as the Minister of Defence of Ukraine in 2012 the average training time of one pilot was reached 51 hours for the first time since gaining the independence, about 42000 parachute jumps were made, considerably exceeding the previous years' figures., First All-Ukrainian tank competitions, starting a real heavy training of the tank troops' specialists, were held at the initiative of the Head of Defence Agency.
- High mobility landing troops (airborne troops) of the Armed Forces of Ukraine had been formed on the basis of airborne and airmobile forces.
Precision guided artillery round "Kvitnyk", Armoured Personnel Carrier APC4Е, 30-mm autocannon ZТМ-1 and many other models of armament were put into service. Maneuvers "Perspective 2012" were held in September – October 2012. Perspective systems of control and communication C2/C4i were firstly practiced to perfection at these maneuvers. Military delegation headed by the Minister of Defense of Ukraine visited Afghanistan.
- The concept of the Armed Forces of Ukraine transition to NATO standards by 2014 had been adopted, and English language training system has been introduced. For the first time for many years full-strength fighting squadron appeared in effective combat strength of the Armed Forces in December 2012.
- Nevertheless, the conflict between the President Viktor Yanukovych and his inner circle in 2012 was resulted in the Minister of Defense resignation in December 2012.
- Marital status - divorced.
- Министр обороны Саламатин: Проведенную в армии и ОПК работу я бы оценил как наступление по всем фронтам
Template:Ukrainian Ministers of Defence
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found